contests: casting call: guest bloggers for oscar week wanted plus a recipe
Casting Call: Guest Bloggers for Oscar Week Wanted MyFudo™ Presentations is casting for immediate guest bloggers for Oscar Week. Do you see yourself tripping the light fantastic up the myFudo red carpet? If you do then submit your post (see requirements below).
Contact us at info (AT) myfudo (dot) (com) to submit your photos and recipes, to inquire more information about this contest, please by contact us through our contact us page. At the end of Oscar Week, February 26, 2012, myFudo will select winners in the following categories: 1. Creative Writing
4. Best Post (Combined superiority in writing, photography and recipe) The Prizes: Essential Pepin Jacque Pepin’s latest cookbook will go to Best Photo, Best Creative Writing, and Best Recipe. For Best post, the contest winner gets a $50 Gift Card to Crate and Barrel. The winners will be featured on our site. Shoot for the stars and submit your post now! Rules for Submission: 1. The Subject for guest bloggers: Favorite movie and favorite food that would be eaten while watching favorite movie. No other topics are eligible. Please be specific regarding movie choice, no generalizations. A specific movie title must be in the post. The recipe should be relevant to the movie whether it corresponds to movie topic, movie location (regional food), a meal served in the movie, etc.
2. Entry must include a written text of 400-600 words, no more, no less.
3. Entry must include at least one photograph and no more than three (300 dpi, 600 pixels on the widest side). You must be the owner of the photograph/s and are giving permission to have them displayed as part of your post.
4. Entry must include a recipe. Recipe does not have to be original. If the recipe is not original proper credit must be given. Recipe is not included in total word count for text.
5. Please include your blog name (if you have one) and your email.
6. Submit entry no later than February 17, 2012, 12am (midnight) Eastern Standard Time (New York City time zone.)
7. Guest bloggers will be posted during Oscar Week (February 19, 2012-February 26, 2012)
8. MyFudo™ will announce winners on February 26, 2012. We at MyFudo™ may at times showcase recipes, photographs, and other content created by external parties. These sources are given proper attribution when required. There may be times when the source information itself is lacking or incomplete, in which case we credit the source based on available information provided. We truly appreciate our guest foodie bloggers who are generous with their expertise and experience. When submitting a guest post, all photographs included in your post should be owned by you, either these were taken by yourself or you have the rights to their use. Please make sure you will not be violating any copyright laws. Submit to info (at) myfudo (dot) (com)
We are truly sorry to have to inform our contestants about our contest cancellation. We were hoping to extend the cut-off date in hopes that we still might get last minute interest in the “Oscar Contest” however, it was determined by sheer lack of interest we should cancel the contest. We did attempt to come up with an alternative date, idea or contest but we were afraid this would be too impractical at such short notice.
We would like to apologise for the cancellation, especially to those of you who have already took out time and put forth the effort to submit their posts.
Unfortunately, these were circumstances which were beyond our control but we intend to make our next contest or giveaway even more spectacular so I hope you can join us then.
The MyFudo Team
Add caviar to any hors d’oeuvre and you will instantly add glamour to your party. And, what do most of us love about the Academy Awards? Well, yes, the movies…but it is the glamour of course! When hosting your Oscar Night party take it to another level with simple, yet classy finger foods. Your guests will give you a standing ovation.
4 oz. (1/2 cup) crème fraîche
1 cup cold heavy cream
3 oz. of black caviar or salmon roe
1 lb of smoked salmon, cut in slivers
Fresh dill or chives for garnish
1. Place crème fraîche in a large bowl and set aside. In another large bowl, whip the cream with an electric hand-held or stand mixer until the cream just barely reaches the firm-peak stage. With a rubber spatula, gently fold half of the whipped cream into the crème fraîche and then gently fold in the remaining half. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. When ready to serve place a dollop of whipped crème fraîche in each hors d’oeuvre spoon. Top with a folded sliver of smoked salmon and hint of caviar. Garnish with a sprig of dill and serve immediately.
Note: To add additional flavor finely dice fresh dill (do not used dried!) and add ½ teaspoon to the whipped crème fraîche. Do not use more than ½ teaspoon as it will overpower.
Photography Tips: Softbox Lighting and an ISO 100
Guest Artist: Debra Hughes
Guest Photographer: Margouillat
Model: Canon EOS 7D