home remedies & recipes: coconut lemon macaroon & how to clean your wooden cutting board
Home remedies are sometimes the most efficient and the cheaper. We all know the amazing powers of the lemon. Try using a little lemon juice to combat bacteria hiding in your wood cutting board. Simply rub the lemon juice into the board, let it sit overnight or for 8 hours and then rinse. The acidic lemon juice will kill off unwanted bacteria.
NewsWe were nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you for nominating us Kitchen Memories!
Lemon Coconut MacaroonsAdapted from Paula Deen on the Food Network Ingredients
- 1 large egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14-ounce) bag shredded sweetened coconut, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300 degree F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg white and salt until frothy, about 2 minutes. Stir in the condensed milk, zest, and extracts.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the coconut until well combined.
- Using a small spring-loaded scoop and your hands, shape the mixture into 1 1/2-inch mounds.
- Place the macaroons about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly brown, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the pans to wire racks and let cool completely.