fudo finds: fathers’s day & spice rubs & many more
Father’s Day is just around the corner. It is time to start shopping and do we have some fantastic finds to share with you!
Grilling GiftsWhen do the men, who typically can only be found in the kitchen when dinner is finished cooking, have an uncontrollable desire to cook? When it involves a great deal of fire and smoke, of course! What man is not the master of his own grill? Show him you appreciate his grilling skills with the following gifts:
Your grill master will need an apron so try one of these fun aprons on for size:
- From Sweet Bohemian Life a fun apron that is 100% cotton with the following on the apron “My House My Rules” and a picture of a “retro guy”. The apron is adjustable around the neck and has a double pocket in the front.
- For a simple statement that gets the point across try this apron from Cool Aprons . It is black poly/cotton twill with a gold embroidered crown and the words “King of the Grill” embroidered beneath the crown.
- Is your grill master in the armed forces? If so then check out this “Grill Sergeant” apron from the Lily Pad Shop. It’s an apron he’ll be proud to wear.
- Customize an apron for Dad at Customized Girl. Choose what you’d like on the apron and make it special for the one you love.
SpicesEvery Dad has his special grilling secrets. Give him the gift that will make him a grill star!
- You can’t go wrong with this set of dry rub spices from Williams-Sonoma. Four 1.5 ounce air-tight canisters are filled with chili-lime rub, potlatch seasoning, spicy chipotle and smokehouse rubs.
- Looking for a less expensive, but still amazing spice kit to give Dad? Try the Gourmet Rub Set from Purpose Design. Dad will receive 6 tins filled with the following rubs: Memphis BBQ, Java Love, Southwest Chipotle, Ancho Chili, African Berbere, Café Pasilla.
Grilling Tools and AccessoriesDad can’t grill without them so personalize them just for him.
- Art Follies will etch your preference of sayings, names or initials into a grill flipper or a grilling set that includes an 18 inch knife, flipper and fork.
- Red Envelope will engrave a lovely solid maple cutting board just for Dad. This cutting board is ideal for Dad to show off his perfectly grilled London broil as well as his carving skills
Beer Related GiftsMost men enjoy an ice cold beer while grilling. Some men just enjoy that cold beer while others are beer aficionados. These gifts will please all beer drinkers.
- Sample a variety of beers as this finely made brew sampler and coaster set holds his favorite craft beers. Handmade of curly maple and black walnut (black and tan…like the beer) this set is appealing to the eye. Find this at the shop of Taunton Green and make sure to look for some of the fabulous cutting boards they make as well.
- Dads are tough. Hammeronsteel creates churchkeys that begin as a “single bar of steel”. The churchkeys are made using “traditional hot-forging techniques”. The bottle opener can be personalized as well.
- Want to personalize Dad’s beer pint, pilsner or tankard? Check out Things Remembered where you will find a variety of styles from which to choose and reasonable prices, even with the engraving.
- Has he always wanted to make his own beer? If so give him a deluxe starter kit sold at Urban Brewery. The kit includes (but isn’t limited to) a 1 gallon glass jug fermenter with liquid crystal thermometer strip, 6” funnel, bi-metal thermometer and siphon hose with shut off valve. There are too many items to list here so take a look at Urban Brewery’s shop.