news: contest canceled plus a giveaway and a chocolate mousse recipe
My Fudo News Flash: We are sorry to inform that the Oscar Weekend Contest has been cancelled due to lack of interest. In lieu of the contest we would like you participate in a giveaway. We understand that many of you have very hectic schedules. It is quick and easy to enter the giveaway:
In order to enter the giveaway:
The winner will enjoy a copy of Essential Pepin, Jacque Pepin’s latest cookbook.
To entice you we would like you to enjoy the following recipe from the prolific Jacque Pepin
1. Rippled Cardboard Paper (Corrugated Paper) You can get this under four bucks!
2. Any featured chocolate desserts, break off a few pieces of brick chocolate (Bakers Chocolate)
3. The mint leaf is a creative element, but you can nibble on it if you like.
Chocolate Mousse (Jacques Pépin’s Essential Pépin)
1/3 cup sugar
4 large egg yolks
10 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, melted
2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons cognac (or another liqueur like Grand Marnier)
1. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and combine the rest of the sugar with the egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl. Place the bowl in a skillet of hot tap water (or use a double boiler), and whisk the mixture for 3 minutes, or until it is fluffy, smooth, and at least doubled in volume.
2. Beat the reserved sugar with the cream in a large chilled bowl for a few minutes, or until soft peaks form; do not over whip. Transfer about 3/4 cup of the whipped cream to another bowl to use as a decoration, and refrigerate.
3. Using a rubber spatula, combine the melted chocolate with the yolk mixture and the cognac. If the mixture starts to seize or break down, immediately stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of the whipped cream to smooth out the mixture. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream until incorporated. Transfer the mousse to a decorative bowl, cover, and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
4. At serving time whip the reserved ¾ cup whipped cream until stiff peaks form. Spoon the cream into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and decorate the top of the mousse with the cream or spoon dollops of the cream onto the top of the mousse. Serve.
Guest: Liv Friis-larsen
Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark II